Monday, May 6, 2013

A Break From Smith... Sort of


Saturday's dinner was lame! It was so lame, that I can't even remember what it was. However, I and a few of my really close friends here at Smith decided to have a "Girls Night Out/Farewell Dinner" at a restaurant that I had never been to in town - Mama Iguana's.

We started out with a debate as to which restaurant we should eat at in town. I stated that I am always in the mood for Asian cuisine, but somehow, that got overturned. I then stated that I am really up for anything, and that although I'm not a huge fan of Mexican food, I was more than willing to eat some.

We walked into Mama Iguana's and as soon as the waitress came to us, we were instantly seated. We were then given complimentary nachos, salsa, and water. Our waiter took our order for drinks and we then waited, while conversing our nachos and water. Shortly after, the waiter took our orders: two chicken quesadillas, one steak quesadilla, and a shrimp quesadilla  for myself.

When the quesadillas arrived, they were each accompanied by a side of sour cream and guacamole. My   shrimp quesadilla was sliced into four sections and I immediately dug in. I picked up one side and bit into it, immediately tasting the fresh sauteed spinach, Monterrey jack cheese, garlic, and buttery shrimp. It was freaking delicious! I then decided to try guacamole for the first time - it was really smooth and spicy and reminded me of a really hot and strange flavored potato. After that, I continued to dip my quesadilla in sour cream and guacamole and later hot sauce too.

In the end, the shrimp quesadilla from Mama Iguana's is something that I truly look forward to eating again.

No comments: