Monday, May 6, 2013

BRAT

You know how every once in a while your appreciation for good food is suddenly renewed? Yea, well that happened to me two weeks ago. I, being the lucky girl that I am, caught the awful stomach virus that was going around campus. I will spare you the details.

So, due to the virus I had to go on the BRAT diet, on which I could eat bananas, rice, apples, and toast. I thought to myself, "This sounds awesome! I can just eat bread all the time and justify it as healthy for me, for once." I was right, kind of. Eating bread for every meal was fun.

It stayed fun for about a day and then I was desperate for real food. I wanted to taste something! My stomach felt like someone had baked an oversized loaf of bread in it. Don't get me wrong, I am a bread-lover and carb-fanatic, but without the freedom to eat other food I felt trapped. Trapped in Breadland. I tried to alternate with bananas and apples, but those aren't always available in the dining hall. And I could only eat rice when it was served for dinner, which also became boring very quickly. Rice with butter, yum.

Needless to say, the old "too much of anything isn't good for you" rule is totally right.

My diet that week:










No comments: