Sunday, May 5, 2013

Chocolate Easter Bunny

Chocolate easter bunnies are yummy at any time of year. There is a lot of build up before easter because people are anticipating the candy craze. However, in May, Chocolate easter bunnies are so much better; they are even more rewarding because you have saved them, shown restraint, and now you can eat them as a treat that comes in the form of a bunny. 
Once, my Mom was driving me to school, and we were listening to NPR. It was just before Easter so the broadcast was on easter candies and bunnies in particular. The broadcast went on and suddenly, the guest said that depending on what end of the bunny you eat first, you are more prone to certain psychological diseases. I do not remember many of them, but the one I remember most was when he said "If you bite the ears off first, then you will be a serial killer." I remember becoming very upset because I always started to eat my chocolate bunnies at the ears. It is the obvious place to start. I was preoccupied with the idea that I was going to be a serial killer for the several years after that. I wonder if those predictions were based on any fact or if they were just meant to be funny. I wonder why those types of stories are associated with a holiday that is generally thought of as being a child's holiday.  

No comments: