Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Georgia

During Spring Break I traveled to Gainesville, Georgia with the Smith Crew team for our annual spring training trip. Everyday we woke up dark and early at 6am for morning practice. After a couple hours of work on the water we'd return to the hotel absolutely famished. All 50 of us would descend on the breakfast buffet like we hadn't eaten in ages. We'd load up on fresh fruit, hash browns, omelets and best of all biscuits. Every morning there were baskets of warm buttery biscuits. They were fresh out of the oven and perfect for an after practice feast.
The second best food item offered on the trip was southern sweet tea. The tea is perfectly sweetened and best served iced cold. I'm glad I live in New England because if I lived in the south I would probably refuse to drink anything but this delicious refreshing drink. 

No comments: