Sunday, March 3, 2013

Seven Sister's Latina Conference

     This Saturday from 9 am until 8 pm, I was in the Seven Sister's Latina Conference, which was the first conference that Smith College has had where Latinas and allies come from the seven sister colleges to discuss many of the issues and similarities most of us have.  Not only was it a great experience to have inspirational speakers come talk to us but along with all of these amazing things we had free food included.   Breakfast and lunch had delicious foods since they severed muffins, fruits, various flavors of pizza like buffalo chicken, pepperoni and hamburger, and even bacon, chicken with ranch.  I was most excited about the food that was going to be served for dinner though.
    
Flautas


 Agua de Horchata
Platanos rice, black beans, & tortilla



  I knew since it was a Latina conference we were going to have some type of Hispanic food.  After having been patient for quite a while, the time had come.  As we got in line, I looked at the different options of food that were being served.  I first got some of a strawberry, mango, with coconut fruit salad.  Then I added some flautas with guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.  I also had to have some rice, black beans, chicken, platanos, and tortilla.  The refreshment I served myself was some agua de horchata with a few ice cubes.  My friends and I took the time to enjoy our meals and savor the deliciousness of the food.  So, we cherished this moment together because it made us feel like we were back home.


No comments: