Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring Break Fatness

I am not the only person who can say that it was beyond "nice" to be away from Smith and Dining Services for a week.

As I'm sure many of you will share stories of the wonderful home cooked meals that you indulged in while away, I am going to share the wonderful take-out meals I ate while at home.

My first real night at home was spent eating some chicken concoction that my dad whipped up, and it was pretty good actually, but the real fun didn't start until Saturday when my dad forced me to go to Red Lobster with him. I was in a pretty lazy mood and wanted to do nothing but lay around in my bed all day but somehow, he managed to get me into a Red Lobster where I proceeded to tell him about our Bourdain essay and the recycled biscuits. Sure enough, when he looked at me with the same face I give people when I'm both disgusted and confused and said, "Recycled biscuits?" our waiter, who was extremely cute by the way (oh how much I miss home already!), brought out the cheddar biscuits. After he ate his lobster lover's platter and I attempted to eat my seafood alfredo (which I devoured later that night), he paid the bill and we left.

The next few days, I got a little ridiculous. I actually had my favorite food for three days in a row: either Chicken or Shrimp and broccoli with rice, a shrimp roll, and an iced tea (the kind that only they at my Chinese take-out spot know how to make). I also didn't fail to squeeze in a cheesesteak and Arizona sweet tea. I then topped off my week home with a small ground beef pizza and soda from the pizza spot around the corner from my house.

Now that it's time to go back to Smith, I think I am content with saying that I have had my fill of fatness, but it's diet season and summer break is 7 WEEKS AWAY and I have GOT to get my body back in tip-top shape, see you guys on Tuesday!

No comments: