Sunday, March 3, 2013

Haymarket Grilled Cheese and Latte

Grilled cheese and look! Latte Art!
I'm currently lounging in the bottom floor of Haymarket, enjoying a picturesque grilled cheese meal and a complimentary cup of vanilla latte. If I told any of my friends back home that I love eating grilled cheese sandwiches, they'd probably not believe me. And I can't blame them - I hated grilled cheese sandwiches. Usually whenever I'm handed with a plate with a grilled cheese, I'd turn away. I didn't find (and still don't) a sandwich with excessive amounts of oozing cheese crammed between two overly burnt pieces of toast appealing at all.

But strangely, I'm eating one right now. Actually, I've been eating many over the past couple of weeks. I absolutely love Haymarket's grilled cheese sandwiches. The toast is "toasted" to the right amount - they're a golden brown that's to die for (the picture doesn't do any justice). And it's not just cheese sandwiched between the toasted bread! There's also tomato, avocado, and dijon mustard! Now, I've never eaten avocado in my life before Haymarket. I might as well join the ranks of avocado lovers out there because I absolutely love it! This amazing concoction of veggies and sauces do smell a bit peculiar at first, but it's easy to ignore after the first bite.

And the vanilla latte? Equally as yummy. Can you also see the latte art the barista have magically produced? I would always see this kind of art on blogs online, but now I actually have one in my hands!

I now know why Smithies study here frequently - it's cozy, it's comfortably noisy, and its food is amazing. What could get any better than that? Y'all can now find me here, munching on grilled cheese sandwiches and slouched over my laptop, in the bottom floor of Haymarket every week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree - that grilled cheese is so good!