Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Squealer.....


The squealer 10.50 
Shelburne grass-fed beef and house-made bacon ground together, served with chipotle mayonnaise 


Last night I had the absolute pleasure of indulging in one of the best burgers in the country (in my humble opinion). The People's Pint is a Pioneer Valley cult gem, hidden in the quaint town of Greenfield, a mere 25 minutes from Northampton. I had the luxury of having my friend's car for the weekend, so it was an opportunity for a food-venture. The sun was setting as we drove to Greenfield, and the little piggy and the cow guided us forward! 

The People's Pint is a bar with an impressive selection of beer from their own brewery and other local entities. They also serve ridiculously good bar-style food that would make any bar-food / local-food junkie squeal with delight. The atmosphere is busy, but homey, casual, and comfortable. There is nothing really pretentious about the place, which is hard to pull off when you are serving local food and local brew. The people that work there are also very relaxed and friendly. Its a wonderful atmosphere to bite into a burger. 

I don't eat much meat, and when I do it has to be raised with some level of identifiable integrity. It is expensive to approach meat this way, therefore I consume very little of it. The Squealer though is every dribble and drop worth the meaty indulgence. The beef is mixed with bacon, dressed with melted cheddar cheese and amazing chipotle mayonnaise. I plunge into burgers full throttle (non of that cutting food or dainty eating nonsense). I like a messy and equally juicy burger cooked medium rare sitting in front of me. The burger is insane. It is so unbelievably good and I drool right now as I think of my meal last night. 

So thanks well treated piggies and cows for fulfilling my deep meaty desires and satisfying me until we meet again. 






No comments: