Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Veganville


             For whatever reason, many of my housemates have embarked on a journey to become vegan or vegetarian. Personally, I wouldn't be able to  become either because I love both my meat and dairy products equally. However, I will support them in their endeavor and eat as many meatless dairy-less meals they need. Being apart of this friend group has really opened my eyes to the meat fillers, tofu patties (which I haven't tried), and all the soy products I could imagine. It amazes me that their are so many substitutes for the real thing.
             Even the media has become aware of this push to become vegan or vegetarian. I was watching Saturday Night Live from this past Saturday where Justin Timberlake was both the host and musical guest for the fifth time, and a skit comes on with a man trying to sell sausage. The end result is Justin comes out dressed as tofu. He remixes a few popular songs, and he encourages everyone to come down to Veganville. It was one of the funniest skits that I've ever seen, but regardless, it shows how this new food craze is moving through society. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy35qv_justin-timberlake-bring-it-on-down-2-veganville-veganshake-snl-3-9-13_music

            Please enjoy this video!

No comments: