Wednesday, March 27, 2013

my umpteenth post about Portland

As promised, here is my post-Portland blog post about Portland food. (Wow, that's a mouthful.) Since a picture says a thousand words and I have seven, I'll try to keep this brief.

My food experience in Portland is never matched by that of any other town. Honestly, this probably has much more to do with whom I visit there than the actual food culture of Portland, but I'd say it's a bit of both. Portland's grocery stores are full of great produce (often organic, some local); both the stores and restaurants (/food carts) have tons of vegetarian and vegan options; and the people there are weird, so the food they make is weird too. And better yet, the couple that I visit there have great taste in food (no pun intended) and love to cook. Needless to say, it makes for a great combination. Here is just a sampling of the amazing food I had while there.

toasted pb&j with organic peanut butter and black current jam

that delicious pizza I wrote about a few weeks ago

shredded kale salad

an organic blood orange

a "betty" pb&j from the gourmet grilled cheese food cart; challah bread, gruyere cheese, pickles, white pepper, sea salt, and peanut butter

the classic voodoo doughnut (check out Voodoo Doughnut's website for more of the weird, creative, hilarious, and often a little disturbing donuts they make)

scrambled egg whites with pesto & chipotle mayo

1 comment:

Sara Eddy said...

These photos are luscious. There's really nothing like really nicely lit and framed food photography. Except EATING the stuff, of course.