Sunday, March 31, 2013

Peeps

   I'm not a very religious person so I don't celebrate Easter but I do take any excuse to eat candy. Over the past week I've eaten more than my fair share of chocolate eggs, reeses peanut butter cups and marshmallow peeps. There is something spectacular about the first bite of a peep. The sugar hits your tongue, calling your tastebuds to attention, and is followed by the fluffy marshmallow. Their absolutely addicting.


Peep Fun Facts:
In 1953, it took 27 hours to create ONE peep. Now, it only takes 6 minutes.
Their are enough peeps produced in a year (>1 billion) to circle the earth twice.
Peeps have been the #1 non-chocolate easter candy for the past 20 years.
Yellow is the best selling peep in America.
This Easter, Americans will eat more than 600 million peeps.

http://www.justborn.com/just-for-fun/fun-facts

1 comment:

Sara Eddy said...

I love me some PEEPS. I truly do. And suspect Michael Moss should write a whole separate article about the mouth-feel effect of these things that you describe.