Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Tupperware Run

Saturday's dinner must have been custom made for me because nearly all of it is Asian themed. Did I mention that Asian (or Asian American) food is my FAVORITE! When I took a gander at what is for dinner (no pun intended) tomorrow, I nearly had a heartache and my friend jokingly said, "What is it, Asian night?!" No matter what tomorrow's "theme" is, it's perfect for me! Orange Chicken and Broccoli AND Shrimp Stir-Fry?! Not to mention that they will have my ultimate favorite thing here (which I wrote a previous blog about), SPRING ROLLS! I don't know what's going on this week, but despite some setbacks that I'll get over, this week has been looking up for me!

However, there is one problem - Rhythm Nations is tomorrow (today) and I am in it. What this means is that I will be unable to sit in several different dining halls and stuff my face until I am sick. Why? Call for all acts is at 6pm and the show starts at 7pm, did I mention that dinner starts at 5:30pm. Whomp whomp! 

I have a solution though! It's what I like to call the "Tupperware Run." What I will do is take three Tupperware containers and as soon as one dining hall (probably the one that is most crowded all of the time) opens, jump in line, fill my Tupperware to the brim, then make a "mad dash" to the next dining hall and do the same. After that, I'll pass them to my friend who will make the last relay lap back home to put the Tupperware in the refrigerator until it's time for her to come to the show as well. All of this should be done so that I am walking into JMG by 6pm without sweating out my make-up and my hair dropping. Sounds like a plan to me!

P.S. COME TO RHYTHM NATIONS ON SATURDAY FOR SOME REALLY AMAZING PERFORMANCES! JMG @ 7PM! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do this Tupperware Run all the time! I live in the quad so I have a whole variety of options. If I don't like what's on the menu at King/Scales, I have Comstock/Wilder, Morrow/Wilson, and Cushing/Emerson to choose from! My friends and I go on these Tupperware Runs or "food shopping" as we call it, very often. :)