Friday, March 29, 2013

GoBerryGoCollege!

The first time I visited Smith College, my Mom and I visited for a weekend. We arrived  Friday afternoon and took a self guided tour of the campus. We looked at the houses and tried to figure out where we were in relation to the town. It just so happened, that it was also reunion weekend for all Smith Alumni, so there were hundreds of women eager to help us. Two recently reunited best friends offered us direction into Northampton. We walked down Elm Street and merged onto Main Street. We window shopped and walked by Chocolate Emporium. They had us at chocolate. But we resisted the urge, saying that we had not had lunch yet. We crossed the street and walked passed "Oh My". I think my Mom missed the fact that it was a sensuality shop because an awkward sex joke was not the next think out of her mouth. Instead, she said, "how about GoBerry?"I said, "why not!" I had never had frozen yogurt before, and figured that this was the perfect opportunity to try.
We walked into the shop and the woman behind the counter said "Hello" with a huge smile on her face like we were her best friends. Then, we asked to try a sample of each flavor of frozen yogurt. I ended up choosing Mango and Blueberry mixture, and my Mom chose Mango. Then we added the toppings. Three each. We figured it could not hurt. By the end, our bowls were more fruit toppings than frozen yogurt, and looked something like this:

I was blown away by how yummy and strange GoBerry frozen yogurt was, and immediately I wanted more. I will always associate GoBerry with college touring because of that one experience. It was the mixture of friendship, kindness, and family that made this experience so memorable, yet the frozen yogurt is what I remember most.

1 comment:

Sara Eddy said...

Love GoBerry. And the people who work there? So sexy.