Monday, February 4, 2013

As much as I'm interested in eating out and tasting exquisite food/bread, I'm also worried about the freshness of ingredients and what kind of trash people might put in to bump up the taste and attract more customers. So then that's when I started getting into cooking/baking, and here's the recipe I used for my first time baking a Chiffon cake. It's easy to bake and delishh. and it doesn't contain butter!

It's the picture of Green Tea Chiffon Cake I made, but I didn't take pictures during each step, so here's the link to it, and translated all in English underneath !

http://blog.naver.com/jjumppang?Redirect=Log&logNo=40147251869

this is one of many blogs I often visit to look for recipes

Ingredients: 4g green tea, 90g of flour, 2g of baking powder, 4 eggs, 40 g of canola or grape seed oil, 80g of milk (can use soybean milk instead), and 80g of sugar  (Can always adjust amount of sugar and oil !!)
*Preheat Oven at 340



1. separate egg yolk and egg white in two bowls. Add 60g of sugar into egg white in three times (not 60 x 3!!) and whip it HARD (better to use machine that whips it for you) until you create Meringue

2. In the bowl with egg yolk, add 20g of sugar and 50g of oil and whisk it well. Add milk afterwards

3. Add flour, green tea powder, and baking powder and mix with spatula

4. Add Meringue in 3 times and mix well with spatula and put it in a cake mold

5. put them in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 min (keep checking. It's probably ready when the top turns a delish brown color)

6. ENJOY

No comments: