Saturday, February 23, 2013

Steamed Cakes

       After I worked on one homework for hours, I find myself surfing through blogs after blogs and point-blankly staring at food pictures from restaurant review or recipes. It is my getaway place. It sometimes distract me too much, but without this de-stressing method, my brain will freeze.

       Recently, I have cravings for cakes, a tasty and healthy homemade cakes made without butter or whipped cream but has the perfect sweetness and still melts in my mouth. A cake that will compensate concern on my diet, it's my perfect match. In fact, some bakeries now introduce steamed cakes and doughnuts made without butter as they listen to people's concern on their diet, especially for the upcoming summer. Sadly, with limited supplies, I find it hard to make them here at Smith, though I wanted to share pictures of this mouth watering cup and pound cakes. Hopefully, you all can take a break from your studying and de-stress yourselves. Sorry if these pictures made you hungry. :)





1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I first looked at these pictures, I thought they kind of look like small scoops of ice cream. But after reading your post I am very interested as to what bakers use to replace the butter, and are these cakes cooked the same way as regular cake?