Monday, February 25, 2013

For my Grammy

This weekend I visited my grandmother for her birthday, which is today. One of the things I was most looking forward to was Grammy's homemade food. She always makes this pasta sauce for my sisters and me and it's so delicious because all of the vegetables are from her own garden. One of my other favorite foods from visits with Grammy are her pierogies. She doesn't actually make them, we buy them from the polish festival every year, but they are glorious ( yes I feel that strongly about them). For this visit, I was hoping my grammy and I would be able to make some blueberry pierogies together because we usually have potato and cheese pierogies. My grammy got out blueberries, which she picked herself during the season, from the freezer to defrost. Unfortunately, my grammy is very ill and was too weak make them. Maybe next time. I thought I would post this for her as a sort of tribute. Even though she couldn't make her wonderful food for me this time, at least everyone reading this will know how wonderful her and her food are. I've posted below a recipe for blueberry pierogies. It probably isn't the recipe Grammy would have used, but I'm sure it will still be delicious.


http://suite101.com/article/polish-blueberry-pierogies---fruit-dumpling-recipe-a277449

1 comment:

Sara Eddy said...

I'm totally going to make these pierogies next weekend. I'm used to pierogies with cheese and onion and potato in them--not this fruity sweet version. My kids would LOVE these. (and me, too.)