Sunday, February 10, 2013

Food Beauty

In my life eating food has evolved to be just as much about taste as it is about beauty.
Loving to cook only acts to fuel this truth and calls me forward to beautify my food.
Breakfast, being the first meal of the day, sets the tone for how I respond to food the
remainder of the day. I fully believe that if I start my day with beautiful, healthy, delicious
foods that feed my soul and belly, patterns of healthy eating and living will easily follow.
Eating healthily makes me feel good, but hey I am also a burger gal (tonight I had grass-fed
local burger with cheddar cheese and sweat potato fries!). I feel fortunate to have the education
to know what works and what does not work for my machine. Though I do digress...I wanted
to share with you my typical & beautiful morning meal:
Coffee
Breakfast Bowl:
Flax Seed Cereal
Ezekiel Sprouted Whole Graines
Greek Yogurt
Honey
Banana
Strawberry 


I find that there is an art to culinary creation and I do my best to emulate that in my daily
dining. Even on lazy days I try to maintain that visual satisfaction. The psychology behind
eating truly fascinates me. This meal tasted amazing because of the delicious ingredients, but also because of the beauty of it. Something in the mind registers the meal as all the more
satiating because of its appearance and the care with which it was prepared. I love this ritual I have adapted, it has resulted in a much more wholesome and balanced relationship with food.

I encourage everyone to consider their "food beauty" and indulge your mind and your tummies!


No comments: