Sunday, February 17, 2013

Feeling Like I'm Back Home!

Although the food here at Smith is quite delicious at times, I do miss the food I would eat back home.  I do appreciate when Smith tries to make Mexican food but it just isn't the same.  When I went back home for the winter break, I ate so much food that I had missed.  It was all so amazing and one dish I want to share is called tacos verdes. They are good to prepare for a lot of people or just for yourself.  It is fairly simple to make and worth it in the end. 

Ingredients:
Corn Tortillas
Cheese
Chilli Pepper
Salt
Sour Cream
2 Garlic
Onions
Chicken
Tomatoes
Milk
Butter
Oil

Recipe:
1.  Boil the chilli pepper with the 2 garlic and onions. When ready take out the seeds, and peal the chilli pepper.
2. Blend the chilli peppers, onions, and garlic with sour cream, salt and milk.
3. Shred the chicken. Saute half of the chopped onion, and a tomato. Then add the shredded chicken.
4.  Put 2 tablespoon of oil on a pan to warm up each tortilla.
5.  Once the tortilla is warm, take some chicken and put on the tortilla. Roll into a taquito.
6.  Put lots of taquitos onto an oven tray and then cover them with the previously prepared sauce. Then add cheese over the sauce.  (repeat until the tray is full)
7. Put into preheated oven of 350 degrees for twenty minutes.
8. Serve with chopped lettuce and extra sauce if wanted. Enjoy!
   
 
Now, that I am back at Smith I continue to think about these tasty dishes my family and I would enjoy eating together. Soon I will be back home and get to eat these great foods with my family and friends.  I'm even thinking of making some here at Smith!

No comments: