Friday, February 8, 2013

The "Dinnerless" Sandwich

When I look back on my thoughts of today's dinner options, I don't remember being too excited. However, I did not expect to be so...bored either.

Thanks to our wonderful friend, Storm Nemo, the entire Smith student body was left to fend for themselves for dinner - great. So what did I eat for my Friday night dinner? A sandwich provided by Chapin House's "Grab and Go." Not to be one to settle for mediocrity, I decided to "jazz up" a turkey, cheese, lettuce, and tomato sandwich meal as best as I could:

1 standard turkey, cheese, lettuce, and tomato sandwich
2 packets of spicy brown mustard
1 packet of mayo
1 bag of Flamin' Hot Cheetos
1 bottle of good ol' water

I assembled my sandwich as any one would, but instead of eating it cold, I decided to warm it up ever so slightly with a microwave provided by Wilson House. BAM! Now it's a hot turkey, cheese, and lettuce (because I took out the tomato - ew) sandwich. I then cut my masterpiece in half and sat down in front of my lap top, in which I then decided to write my weekly blog on this sandwich that's sitting in front of me waiting ever so patiently to be devoured.

What makes this sandwich so special is the fact that I really took the time out to "make a sandwich." I think we as a country don't respect the art of making a sandwich anymore. I mean, when I think about it, this sandwich is a huge step up from the first ever sandwich my mother made me make when I first started packing my own lunch. Therefore, I guess I really shouldn't talk down to my work of art because what makes something a meal but a dash of TLC, which my sandwich is drenched in.

No comments: