Monday, February 11, 2013

Snow!!

In light of recent snow storm "Nemo," my house, Cutter, decided to host a snow ball fight with out connecting house Ziskin. We went out side, fell knee deep into the snow, and I promptly began to eat my way out of the snow. Being from Texas, I had never seen so much snow, especially snow that was so fluffy. So naturally, as I fell face first into the snow, my response would be to eat it. It wasn't until after we had come back inside did any of my house mates think to add flavor to the snow, but as soon as we did, we had an instant hit of snow cones. 

In Texas, there's nothing better than a snow cone on a hot triple digit day. It's an easy snack you can make or buy in nearly any town. As far as the flavors, any type of fruit, multiple types of cheesecake, sodas, candies, spices, virgin this, virgin that, and even a list of celebrity inspired flavors are possible if you go to the right location. I actually went to snowballsupply.com to check out  the 150 flavors they supply because getting the right flavor will determine your love for snow cones for the rest of your life. 

Just as the title imples, you use snow, but in most places that means that the ice is shaved thin. With the fresh snow I collected from outside, the snow cones were delicious. A flavor may make a snow cone, but if you have fresh snow the sauce doesn't matter. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this post! It reminds me of when I was younger. My mom, my sister and I would go out while it was snowing to collect bowls of snow. My sister and I would freeze some of the snow in our freezer, while the rest would be put into cups. We would add juice to the cups of snow and create our own kind of "snow cone." We tried to be creative children.