Friday, February 8, 2013

It's That Easy?!

According to an article on NaturalNews.com, recent studies has shown a simple diet containing fruits, veggies, fish oil and probiotics can improve a child's asthma. It has be came that easy! Interested? Read J. D. Heyes' article, "Treat Children's Asthma Naturally with Fruit, Vegetables, Fish Oil and Probiotics," at this link below:

http://www.naturalnews.com/038777_asthma_children_probiotics.html >




In middle school, I was a REACTRi member which was basically a paid summer program for teens and pre-teens interested in the medical field. During my time in REACT, I learned a lot about the health concerns in my neighborhood as well as many neighborhoods in different states like mine. One of the main health concerns of families in cities of poverty was asthma.


Everyone was asked the same question, "Who has asthma or knows a person with asthma?"; everyone in the room raised their hand.

Asthma is health condition spreading rapidly among people in poverty and has became normal to them. I had began a project in REACT trying to find ways to prevent children from developing asthma and help improve the lives of people living with asthma. Often found in my research was these people had a lack of convince and money to buy foods such as vegetables and fruits less rotten and better produced than the ones they eat from a bodega at the end of their corner.

I always tried to inform the people around me that a better diet can improve anyone's condition and lifestyle, whether you battle with asthma, diabetes or high blood pressure, etc.; which all happen to have a higher existence in families of poverty. This article has proved my motive!

No comments: