Sunday, February 24, 2013

Spring Break Homecoming

I can't be the only person imagining exactly what they want to eat when they go home (or simply away from here) in three, yes three, weeks.
The other day when I was walking back to my room and chanting "Three more weeks" in my head, the only thing I could think about is all of the delicious foods that I will eat when I get back. The first thing I will eat is a wonderfully fattening and delicious cheesesteak with an order of 50 "Suicide" wings from our (my dad and I) favorite pizzeria. I can just imagine the silver tray with a bag of chopped celery and carrot sticks and blue cheese dressing with my steaming hot cheesesteak wrapped up next to it - YUM!
 Besides my homecoming meal, I've got a whole week to eat everything I want, and eat everything I want is what I'll do! I'm just so excited! However, I think I'm most excited about being home for the first day of Spring. Back home, we have this place that's like Dairy Queen, but instead of ice cream, it's water ice, or Italian ice. The place is called Rita's, I think it's a chain that goes through the Tri-state area because I haven't seen one in New England at all. But anyways, on the first day of Spring, they serve free water ice for the entire day! The lines usually wrap around the parking lot and I usually don't participate in it, but when I go home, I will certainly wait in line for it. Now that I think about it, I'm just excited for water ice season to be back in the swing of things because all that means is that we are getting closer and closer to Summer and closer and closer to me packing my stuff and getting the heck out of New England!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just 3 more weeks N'Dea!! I also cannot wait to eat homemade food - Smith food has been very disappointing lately. I'll have a look out for Rita's since I also live in the Tri-state area.